Help your child save for something special.
Teaching your child to save is one of the most important lessons they’ll ever learn. That’s why our First Saver account is designed to make saving easier. After all, it’s never too early to start saving.
You get access to Internet Banking, so you can show them how their money grows over time. Plus tiered interest rates will show children the benefits of putting more money into their account.
- No account keeping fees or transaction fees means pocket money won’t be spent unnecessarily. The only exception is optional SMS Alerts and Enquiries.
- Your child can learn to use both Internet and Phone banking.
- The First Saver Account is available to everyone under 18.
- Savings can be accessed at any time – so your child can save for something big, something little, or just have somewhere safe to keep their pocket money.
- Tiered interest rates teach children the benefit of saving more money.
- No minimum deposit or balance needed – perfect for a first savings account.
- Savings will grow quickly with interest calculated daily and applied quarterly.
Rates & Fees
First Saver (S19) Interest Rates Rate $0 - $1,999 1.00% p.a. $2,000 and over 2.20% p.a.
Already a Customer?
If you are already a customer, you can open a savings account by simply clicking on ‘Open Savings Account’ under the Services Menu next time you log into Internet Banking.
Interest Rates effective 31 October 2017. Interest is calculated daily. Interest rates are per annum, current at the time of printing and are subject to change without notice.