Why have SMS & Email Alerts?
Bank First is committed to providing outstanding customer service. The availability of SMS and Email Alerts is part of our ongoing efforts to ensure that our Customers have peace of mind regarding security, and can access balance information when and where they like.
What are the fees associated with Alerts?
Fee type Fee amount SMS Alerts
$0.25 cents per SMS
Do I need to activate SMS Security for SMS Alerts?
Yes, you must activate SMS Security in order to use SMS Alerts. SMS Alerts is an optional service.
What types of SMS and Email Alerts can I receive?
Once you are registered for Alerts you can choose any of the following:
- Savings or Investment account balance is below or above a nominated balance.
- Loan or Overdraft account balance is below or above a nominated balance.
- A Credit or Deposit transaction is more than nominated amount.
- A Debit or Withdrawal transaction is more than the nominated amount.
- A Loan Repayment is overdue.
- Advance notification of when a loan repayment is due.
- Credit Card payment is overdue.
- Advance notification of a maturing Term Deposit.
- Notification of an unsuccessful Future Dated Payment.
- Notification of payment due date for a Credit Card/Overdraft account.
- Notification of a change in cash advance rate on a Credit Card account.
- Notification of a change in loan repayment amount.
- Notification of a change in Daily Debit Limit.
- Notification of a Direct Debit.
- Notification of a Pension or Government Agency deposit.
- Notification of a payroll deposit.
Can I modify or cancel my SMS and Email Alerts settings?
Yes, you can modify or cancel your Alerts at any time through Internet Banking, under ‘Services’ then ‘Alerts’.
Will I receive SMS Alerts while overseas?
Yes, you can send and receive SMS whilst overseas if your handset and SIM card allow global roaming and the country you are in operates via a compatible network. Please check with your mobile phone provider.
Can I use my international mobile number or international telecommunication service for SMS Alerts?
No, you won't be able to receive SMS notifications through SMS Alerts when using an international mobile number. You can receive SMS while overseas if your handset and SIM card allow global roaming and the country you are in operates via a compatible network. Please check with your mobile phone provider.
Can I receive SMS Alerts from more than one mobile phone?
No. SMS Services must be requested and received by the mobile phone that is registered for your Internet Banking profile.
Can I have separate mobile numbers for SMS Alerts & SMS Security?
No. Members can register only one mobile phone number for all the SMS Services.
How will SMS and Email Alerts benefit me?
SMS Alerts will provide you with instant notification on your Internet Banking transactions and will allow you to keep track of your banking anywhere, anytime at your fingertips.
Are SMS and Email Alerts compulsory?
No, Alerts are not compulsory for Members. However Bank First recommends these services to all Internet Banking users.
Can I change the mobile phone number that I have registered for receiving SMS Services?
You can contact the Member Contact Centre on 1300 654 822 to change your mobile number.