Types of insurance to consider.

You don’t want to go through the stress of losing a beloved possession, only to discover that it isn’t covered by a policy. Or worse: you didn’t have a policy in the first place.
We’ve put together a list of the key insurance products you should consider taking out with some details on each one. Remember, it’s important to ask questions and fully understand what you’re signing with any insurance policy.

Here are the main types of insurance you should consider:

Home and contents insurance.

Your home might be one of the single biggest assets you ever own. If it falls victim to burglary, fire or other disasters, you don’t want to add to the emotional toll with the financial burden of starting again from scratch.

Be sure to understand what’s exactly in your home and how much each item is worth. Get an accurate valuation of your possessions that might cost a little more than others.

Car insurance.

Could you go long without your car? Even if you’re an extremely safe driver, anything can happen. It’s only prudent to purchase protection against the costs of accidents and theft.

Health and life insurance.

It can be hard to dwell on the thought of injury or sickness, but insurance will ensure that if either happens you’re protected. In particular, life insurance can give you peace of mind to know that if you do pass away your loved ones will be taken care of.

Travel insurance.

Would you like a stress-free trip? The last thing you want to be worrying about on your holiday is unexpected costs. Unfortunately, even the most seasoned traveller can hit a bump in the road every now and then.

The costs of theft, evacuation, hospitalisation or worse can spiral out of control while travelling. You’ll be responsible to pay the bill if you aren’t covered. Whether home or abroad, travel insurance will protect you against unexpected emergencies.

Some others you might want to consider:
We understand that some things are hard to insure under traditional policies. There are certain assets that fall through the cracks with most major insurance providers, which is exactly why you need specific policies for unique situations.

Some of these could include:

  • Professional indemnity.
  • Business and commercial insurance.
  • Prestige, motor, vintage and veteran vehicles insurance.
  • Liability insurance.

Are you looking for any of the insurance policies we’ve mentioned in this article? If so, speak with one of our Insurance Consultants. 

After all, every journey is different. Call our consultants on 1300 654 166 to get more information about insurance for your situation.

Important Information
Insurance Australia Limited ABN 11 000 016 722, AFSL 227 681 trading as CGU Insurance, Australian Unity Health Limited ABN 13 078 722 568, Zurich Australia Limited AFSL 232 510, ABN 92 000 010 195, Insurance Australia Limited ABN 11 000 016 722, AFSL 227 681 trading as Swann Insurance and Doug Kerr Insurance Consultants P/L trading as Brokers National ABN 67 078 679 071, AFSL 246 366 are the insurance providers. In arranging this insurance, Victoria Teachers Limited, ABN 44 087 651 769, AFSL/Australian Credit Licence Number 240 960, acts under an agreement with the insurer, not as your agent. We receive commission on these insurance products as a percentage of the premium price for each policy ranging from 5-35%. This information does not take into consideration your objectives, financial situation or needs. Therefore you should firstly consider the appropriateness of this information and refer to the Terms and Conditions or relevant Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) before acquiring a product, available by calling 1300 654 166.