Farm Insurance

Helping you find the right cover for your farm

Farm equipment and livestock create risks that are unlikely to be covered in your normal home and contents cover.
That’s why we’ve partnered with CGU, one of Australia’s most trusted insurers, and together our focus is protecting your farm with market-leading Insurance. 

Money leaf blue background

Pay by the month

If you don’t want to pay annually, pay every month by direct debit at no extra cost.

Call us

Lodge claims 24/7

24/7 claims lodgement with CGU and we can also help you with the claims process.

Blue Tractor

Optional extras

Add cover for your farm machinery like tractors, headers, quad bikes and ride on mowers.

Compare Farm Insurance Products

Lifestyle property

Hobby Farm

Own a lifestyle property or hobby farm? Cover your home, contents and farm activities with hobby farm Insurance.

Tailored Coverage

Large Farm

Need specialty farm cover or a comprehensive tailored farm package, along with specialist advice on your Insurance needs? Get tailored cover with CGU whatever your farming needs.

Farm Insurance FAQs

  • Why do I need farm Insurance for my hobby or leisure farm?
    Even if your farm is a hobby or leisure farm that you don’t earn an income from, you should consider farm Insurance.  Farming can be a dangerous activity, and most home and contents policies don’t cover farming activities.
    Farm equipment and livestock create risks that are unlikely to be covered in your normal home and contents cover.  For example, consider the liability implications if one of your livestock were to escape and cause a car crash. 
    Regardless of whether your farm is used to earn income or not, you will probably need farm Insurance. 
  • Can I cover business interruption to my farm?
    Yes, you can cover your farm for business interruption by taking out ‘Additional working costs’ cover as part of your farm package.  This cover ensures you can maintain normal farm operations following a defined event (e.g. a bushfire), so you can keep your farm operating while critical equipment is replaced or property restored.
    For example, if a bushfire damaged your header machine during a critical time for harvesting, ‘Additional working costs’ would cover the costs to hire a machine to ensure the harvest could be completed in time.
  • How do I renew my Insurance policy?
    If you pay by direct debit (via BSB and account number or by VISA/Mastercard), your Insurance will automatically renew unless you cancel your policy. CGU will provide you a renewal statement 14 days before your policy restarts, to allow sufficient time for you to make updates. 
    If you pay your policies via BPAY, CGU will send you a new biller code with your renewal paperwork, 1 month before your policy ends. You must pay this before the due date if you wish to renew your policy.
  • How do I make a claim?
    The quickest and easiest way to make a claim is to contact CGU directly on 13 22 94. Claims can be lodged 24 hours / 7 days a week.
    Enquiries on existing claims can be made from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm local time.
  • What information do I need to make a claim?
    In general, you will need to provide the following details:
    • Your policy number
    • Standard information to identify yourself
    • The name of the insured on the policy
    • Detailed description of the incident
    • The date of loss and the loss address
    • Any details of other parties involved (if applicable).

We're here to help you

Our friendly Insurance Consultants are here to assist you in finding the right cover. Get in contact for an obligation free quote or help arranging your policy.

Important Information
Standard underwriting criteria and policy terms and conditions apply. Insurance issued by Insurance Australia Limited ABN 11 000 016 722, AFSL 227681 trading as CGU Insurance (CGU). In arranging this insurance, Victoria Teachers Limited ABN 44 087 651 769 AFSL 240960 trading as Bank First (Bank First), acts under its own AFSL and under an agreement with CGU, not as your agent. Bank First receives commission when selling CGU insurance products. Please refer to Bank First’s Financial Services Guide (FSG) for details of these commissions. Any advice is general only. This information does not take into consideration your objectives, financial situation or needs. Therefore, you should firstly consider the appropriateness of this information and refer to the relevant Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) before acquiring a product, available by calling 1300 654 166.