Please note that our Internet Banking, Mobile Banking and Mobile App may be unavailable between 10:00 pm Saturday 25 and 8:00 am Sunday 26 May 2019 due to scheduled maintenance. Members will still be able to use their cards during this time. We apologise for any inconvenience.
Online Security Checklist
Bank First is committed to providing you a safe and secure online environment for your Internet Banking. We have supplied a security checklist below which provides simple ways for you to protect yourself online.
- Create a unique secure password for Internet Banking and always use an alpha-numeric password combining numbers, upper and lower case letters with at least one special character, e.g. Rf3Tg#1.
- Register for one of our free second level authentication security features; SMS One Time Password or Funds Transfer Password.
- Regularly change your password and keep your password secure.
- Keep your contact details up-to-date.
- Only provide your personal identity information to entities that you do know and trust.
- Regularly scan your computer and keep your antivirus software up-to-date.
- Turn on Automatic Updates for your security software.
- Do not install software or run programs of unknown origin.
- Never access Internet banking by clicking on a link in an email. Login directly by typing www.bankfirst.com.au into your browser and clicking on the Internet Banking link. Also check that the Internet Banking address starts with 'https://' to ensure that the site is secure.
- Always delete spam and scam email - if the offer sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
- Always logout of Internet Banking using the logout button located at the top right of the screen.
- Do not use public computers for Internet Banking, e.g. Internet cafes, libraries or hotels. If you have used a shared computer then please change your password on your own trusted computer at home or work.
- Check your last login details and transaction history. Immediately report any suspicious activity on your account to Bank First on 1300 654 822.