Online Security Checklist
Bank First is committed to providing you a safe and secure online environment for your Internet Banking. We have supplied a security checklist below which provides simple ways for you to protect yourself online.
- Create a unique secure password for Internet Banking and always use an alpha-numeric password combining numbers, upper and lower case letters with at least one special character, e.g. Rf3Tg#1.
- Register for one of our free second level authentication security features; SMS One Time Password or Funds Transfer Password.
- Regularly change your password and keep your password secure.
- Keep your contact details up-to-date.
- Only provide your personal identity information to entities that you do know and trust.
- Regularly scan your computer and keep your antivirus software up-to-date.
- Turn on Automatic Updates for your security software.
- Do not install software or run programs of unknown origin.
- Never access Internet banking by clicking on a link in an email. Login directly by typing www.bankfirst.com.au into your browser and clicking on the Internet Banking link. Also check that the Internet Banking address starts with 'https://' to ensure that the site is secure.
- Always delete spam and scam email - if the offer sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
- Always logout of Internet Banking using the logout button located at the top right of the screen.
- Do not use public computers for Internet Banking, e.g. Internet cafes, libraries or hotels. If you have used a shared computer then please change your password on your own trusted computer at home or work.
- Check your last login details and transaction history. Immediately report any suspicious activity on your account to Bank First on 1300 654 822.