How to notify Bank First of tax residency status

If you have received contact from Bank First in relation to overseas tax residency or to request completion of a Self-Certification form, you can access the form from this following link which can then be downloaded and sent back to us via post or email. Or alternatively, if you have not been contacted by Bank First but believe that you may be an overseas tax resident and that you may be required to provide a declaration (for example if you now reside overseas) then you can download and complete the form and send it to us.

The Bank requires you to complete a Self-Certification within 30 days of any change in circumstances which requires you to make such a declaration. The Self-Certification form can be posted or emailed back to us as follows. 
or posted to:
Bank First
PO Box 338 
Camberwell VIC 3124

If you are required to complete a Self-Certification form for a non-individual entity, the form link can be found here. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide any advice in relation to what constitutes tax residency status and we recommend you consult with the ATO or your professional advisor in this regard. However, if you have any other queries in relation to completing or submitting the Self-Certification form, please contact one of our Member Service Consultants.

We may require further documentation to support your declaration about tax residency status. If this is needed, we will be in contact with you.

Contact us