Google Pay Terms and Conditions
Effective 23 September 2019
These terms and conditions apply to the use of your Card through Google Pay on a Compatible Device. These Google Pay Terms and Conditions are in addition to and must be read in conjunction with Bank First’s Terms and Conditions: Part A - Product Information and Terms and Conditions: Part B - Fees and Charges. However, if there is any inconsistency between them, these Google Pay Terms and Conditions will apply to the extent of any inconsistency.
By registering and using your Card in Google Pay you agree to these terms and conditions.
- Google means Google Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd ABN 54 341 015 381 and/or its related bodies corporate and affiliates.
- Google Pay means the payment platform created by Google for making payments using a Compatible Device and a Card registered on such a device.
- Compatible Device is any Android device used to facilitate the use of Google Pay.
- Card means your Bank First Visa Debit Card or Visa Credit Card.
- PIN means Personal Identification Number used to access the Card or Compatible Device.
- we, us, and our is a reference to Bank First.
- you or your is a reference to the Cardholder.
Using your Card with Google Pay
- Registration of your Card to Google Pay is subject to us verifying you and is at the discretion of Bank First.
- We do not make any guarantees that Google Pay will be accepted at all merchants.
- We are not the provider of Google Pay and are not responsible for its use and function. You should contact Google if you have questions concerning how to use Google Pay or problems with Google Pay.
- Bank First is not liable for any loss you suffer as a result of using Google Pay, including without limitation, a merchant refusing to accept Google Pay or any error, defect or unavailability of Google Pay.
- Bank First will not be liable for any loss caused by your fraud or use of Google Pay or the Compatible Device in a manner not permitted by Google.
Fees and Charges
- Bank First does not charge a fee to allow use of your Card with Google Pay on a Compatible Device.
- You will need to pay any third party fees associated with the use of Google Pay on a Compatible Device.
- All applicable Bank First fees and charges relating to the use of your Card still apply.
Google Pay security and liability
WARNING: The account owner will be liable where a cardholder does not comply with the below security precautions and they will not be able to rely on the protections from liability contained within the Terms and Conditions Part A – Product Information pertaining to unauthorised transactions.
- You agree to protect, and keep confidential, information which is required for you to make purchases with your Card using Google Pay, including any PIN. The PIN must not be disclosed to anyone else (including family members) and a record of the PIN must not be kept with the Compatible Device, or with or in anything with which the Compatible Device is stored unless reasonable steps have been taken to protect the PIN.
- You must not use any easy to guess or decipher PIN such as your birthday or any other number associated with you.
- Your biometric identifiers (e.g. fingerprint or facial recognition) must be the only biometric identifiers registered on your Compatible Device.
- You must ensure that only you access the Compatible Device to use Google Pay and that it is not accessed or used by anyone else, even if that person has your permission;
- You must ensure the Compatible Device is locked at all times when it is not being used, and is not left unattended in a non-secure environment.
- You are required to install the latest Android software updates to your Compatible Device.
- If your Compatible Device has been lost or stolen, or you believe your Compatible Device has been compromised, you must report this to us immediately. You must give us all the information about the loss, theft or misuse.
- You must remove any Card details from the Compatible Device before disposing of the Compatible Device.
- You are required to contact us immediately if you suspect fraud associated with the use of your Google Pay on a Compatible Device has occurred. Liability for such transactions will be determined in accordance with our Terms and Conditions: Part A - Product Information and the ePayments Code.
Suspension or removal of a Card
- Bank First will suspend or cancel the Card within Google Pay if you ask us.
- You or an Additional Cardholder breach these terms and conditions.
- Google suspends or terminates Google Pay.
- We reasonably exercise our right, at any time and for any reason, to block you from adding a Card to Google Pay, suspend your ability to use a Card to make purchases using Google Pay, or cancel your ability to continue to use a Card in Google Pay.
- We may exchange information about you with Google to set up and facilitate use of Google Pay on a Compatible Device.
Further information about our products and services is available on our website at bankfirst.com.au or by contacting us on 1300 654 822. The information contained in these Terms and Conditions is current at the time of issue.
Google, Android, Google Pay and other marks are trademarks of Google LLC.