Competition Terms and Conditions
Your entry into and participation in this competition (Competition) communicated via any post on Bank First’s or Leading Age Services Australia (LASA) Next Gen Facebook or LinkedIn page (Competition Post) that links to these Terms & Conditions (T&C’s) is deemed acceptance of these T&C’s.
Competition Period & Promoter
1. The promotion commences 1:00PM AEST on Thursday 1 April 2021 and closes 11:59PM AEST on Thursday 22nd April 2021(Competition Period).
2. Victoria Teachers Ltd, ABN 44 087 651 769 trading as Bank First, 117 Camberwell Road, Hawthorn East VIC 3123, phone 1300 654 822 and Leading Age Services Australia Limited (LASA) ABN 71 156 349 597 18 are the promoters of this Competition (Promoter).
Who can enter
3. To be eligible for entry into the Competition, you must (Eligibility Criteria):
a. be aged 18 years or over; and
b. be a resident of Australia.
c. You are not eligible to enter if you are a director or employee of Bank First or LASA or a member of an employee’s immediate family.
How to enter
4. To enter, Entrants must comment on the nominated Facebook or LinkedIn post during the Competition Period and follow these instructions (Entry Requirements).
a. Leave a public comment on the nominated Facebook or LinkedIn post on Bank First’s or LASA Next Gen’s pages that asks you to: Nominate a young leader to attend the LASA Next Gen forum.
b. In your comment, tag one person (Nominee) who has shown leadership in age care services.
c. In 100 words or less, tell us why your Nominee deserves to win tickets to the LASA Next Gen Forum on the 28th May 2021.
5. Valid Entries are entries that satisfy the Eligibility Criteria, Entry Requirements, are in line with the Bank First Facebook house rules https://www.facebook.com/notes/bank-first/bank-first-house-rules/600626800298729 if using Facebook to enter, or in line with the LinkedIn User Agreement, if entering via LinkedIn.
You are not permitted to use any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows you to automatically enter or enter repeatedly and you are responsible for any associated costs with entering such as internet access.
6. Multiple entries from the same Entrant are accepted, subject to the following conditions:
a. A different Nominee who has shown leadership in age care services must be tagged in a separate comment; and
b. A different reason to that already used by the Entrant is listed when you tell us why your Nominee deserves to win tickets to the LASA Next Gen forum.
The Promoter will not be responsible for any late, misdirected, corrupted, incomplete, incorrect or ineligible entries.
7. You promise and warrant that all the details submitted with your entry are true and correct, and, if you post or upload a photo or response that you have all of the necessary rights, consents and licences to grant the rights to the Promoter as set out in these Terms and Conditions. You warrant that your entry is original, solely your own and has not been communicated to the public before, does not infringe the copyright or intellectual property rights of any third party and you agree to assign to the Promoter the right to use your entry details in its sole and complete discretion, including for any communication of your entry to the public.
8. By submitting your entry you grant the Promoter, and its licensees and assignees, a perpetual, world-wide, royalty free, licence to exercise all rights (including intellectual property and privacy rights) to your entry and any other material provided by you to the Promoter in relation to the Competition at any time, including reposting or republishing. You consent to your entry being edited or adapted or modified at any time and in any manner by the Promoter or its agents, licensees and assignees.
9. There is one (1) prize which consists of two (2) tickets, valued at a member’s price of $275 or non-member $440, per ticket, to the LASA Next Gen virtual Forum on 28th May 2021. The prize will be awarded as follows.
a. 1 x ticket to the winning Entrant.
b. 1 x ticket to the Nominee the Entrant tagged as an inspiring leader in age services.
The Entrant is responsible for providing the correct details of the Nominee.
Prizes are not transferable, changeable or redeemable for cash. The Promoter reserves the right to provide an alternative prize of equal monetary value in the event that a prize or any part of a prize becomes unavailable for any reason beyond the Promoter's control.
The ticket winners are responsible for providing their own device and internet access in order to attend the virtual forum.
10. The winning entry will be chosen based on a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner. All eligible entries will be individually judged based on their creative merit as determined by the judges. The entry judged to be the best will win the prize and the decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Judging will take place by the Promoter at 2:00PM AEST on Monday 26th April 2021, facilitated using online technology.
Notification to ticket winners:
11. Winners will be announced on the Bank First and LASA Next Gen social media platforms that the Competition Post was published and will also receive either a Facebook or LinkedIn private message from the Bank First and/or the LASA Next Gen social media community manager. Winners will also be published on the Promoters’ websites. Prize will be e-mailed direct to the winners to the e-mail address provided.
12. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for loss or theft of any of the prizes and lost and stolen prizes are unable to be refunded or replaced.
13. Accepting the prize: Following the announcement of the winning entry, both winners (the Entrant and the Nominee) are required to send a private message to the Bank First and/or LASA Next Gen social media account with their phone number and email address. This will enable the Promoter to supply the prize and will be deemed to be acceptance of the prize. If the Entrant and Nominee do not accept the prize by providing these details within ten (10) days of being notified, the prize (being both tickets) will be forfeited. In the event the prize is forfeited, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to another eligible entrant who has been identified as next in line based on the quality of the entry during the initial judging process.
14. If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned due to causes beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may take any action that may be available including cancelling, terminating, modifying or suspending the Competition.
15. Publicity: By entering the Competition you consent to the use of your name, likeness, image, voice and entry details in any media for an unlimited period of time without remuneration for the purposes of the Competition and for promoting any products or services of the Promoter.
16. This Competition adheres to the terms and conditions set out in the Facebook terms. Entry into any promotion on the Facebook page is dependent on you following and acting in accordance with the Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, which can be viewed at: www.facebook.com/terms.php and the Facebook promotion guidelines which can be found at: https://www.facebook.com/business/news/page-promotions-terms
17. Each Entrant consents to the Promoter contacting them via Facebook, LinkedIn and/or Facebook Private Messenger for the purpose of running this Competition.
18.This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook or LinkedIn.
19. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter and its related entities and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents, Facebook and LinkedIn, will not be liable for any personal injury, loss or damage, whatsoever which is suffered or sustained (including, but not limited to indirect or consequential, financial or other loss) to or by an Entrant or Nominee.
20. These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of Victoria, Australia, and each Entrant and Nominee agrees to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of Victoria.
22. The Promoter reserves the right to: i. disallow entries in its absolute discretion; ii. verify the validity of entries and determine the eligibility of entrants (including an entrant's identity) and to disqualify any entry or refuse to award a prize where dishonest or misleading details have been provided by an entrant, or where an entrant has behaved in a fraudulent or dishonest manner, or otherwise in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or the spirit of the Competition; and iii. enforce any of its rights at any stage, and failure to do so does not constitute a waiver of those rights.